Not sure about the author of certain information? Then do not share it. Rumours only cause panic and can disrupt the work of the emergency services or even make the emergency situation worse.
Follow the right channels
Always look for the official channels on social media, to be sure of the reliability of the information. Subscribe to them and share their posts. Here you can find a list of the official channels in emergencies.
Only disseminate official or reliable information, no rumours! Rumours can disrupt the work of the emergency services.
- Do not share photos that may violate victims' privacy.
- Are you at the scene of an emergency?
- Get yourself to safety. Do not stand around taking photos or videos.
- Pass on the recommendations of the authorities to people around you who do not have that information yet.
- Help the intervention services by providing factual and accurate information.
- Avoid calling and use text messages to communicate. This keeps the network free for important calls.