Contact point Belgium and EU
The NCCN is the Belgian contact point for the European Programme for Critical Infrastructure Protection (EPCIP). As such, the NCCN takes on the following tasks:
- Coordinating the identification and designation of European Critical Infrastructures
- Exchanging information on potential threats that may affect a European Critical Infrastructure
- Reporting to the European Commission.
Advice to sectoral authorities
- Identifying and designating critical infrastructure;
- Determining the exercise methodology, internal security measures to be implemented by operators and inspection services.
The NCCN supports them in this role.
External protection measures
In accordance with the assessment of the threat, the NCCN can take external protection measures. To this end, the NCCN works together with the police, the Coordination Unit for Threat Analysis (CUTA) and the intelligence services. Every increased threat, from a possible hacking incident to a terrorist or extremist attack, leads to the appropriate protective measures.